Call for Papers
Home > ICBE 2020 > Call for Papers
THEME: Social Science, Technology and Humanities for Sustainability of Business, Economics and the Environment
The KODISA 2020 International Conference on Business and Economics (ICBE2020) will be held in Jeju City, South Korea, July 6-8, 2020. The conference is hosted by Korea Distribution Science Association (KODISA) in Korea.
The conference aims:
1) to share scholarships regarding issues of social science, technology and humanities for sustainability of business, management, economics, and the environment,
2) to offer an excellent opportunity to meet academics and professionals from around the world in the fields,
3) to enable participants to exchange information and ideas on the topics, and
4) to provide publication opportunities to get published scholarly papers and short communication papers in KODISA.ICBE Proceedings Journal (CPCI indexed) and affiliated KODISA Journals (ESCI and SCOPUS indexed).
All submissions and registration form are to be handled electronically by the conference emails:
A. For participants from KODISA Korean members, please submit your papers, registration form and make a payment to KODISA Sessions Chair Professor YOUN, Myung-Kil email to: email@example.com
B. From around the World (except A), please submit your papers, registration form and make a payment to Global Sessions Chair Professor LEE, Jung Wan email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
● Submissions to journal publication and application for research scholarship awards must be full papers and subject to a double-blind peer review. Accepted papers and award-winning papers will be published in one of international peer-reviewed and accredited KODISA Journals (ESCI and SCOPUS indexed).
● Full papers, research notes, short communications, and case studies are welcomed, and also subject to a peer review. These papers can be published in ICBE Proceedings Journal (Web of Science CPCI indexed).
● The due date for conference registration and paper submission is May 30, 2020.
PUBLISHING AND SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
All registered and accepted papers will be included in the conference program. Some selected papers will be published in ICBE Proceedings Journal (ISSN: 2287-478X) with the author’s consent. The ICBE Proceedings Journal has been officially indexed in Clarivate Analytics’ Web of Science - Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities (CPCI-SSH) Category since ICBE2016.
● Top 5% of the accepted full papers will be recognized as Best Paper Awards with a certificate and each award-winning paper wins a scholarship of USD500 in cash. The scholarships will be honored only if 1) the full paper has been accepted, 2) the regular registration fee has been fully paid and 3) oral presentation at the conference has been successfully delivered.
● Next top 15% of high-quality papers from the conference will be recognized with Distinguished Research Awards with a certificate.
● All award-winning papers will be invited to a fast track of accelerated review process, which is a second round of blind peer review process conducted by the KODISA Journals Editorial Board for possible publication in one of KODISA Journals [, Elsevier SCOPUS indexed]:
● Journal of Distribution Science (ISSN 1738-3110) SCOPUS since 2016
● Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business (ISSN 2288-4637) ESCI, SCOPUS since 2018
● Some Solid Ranking Journals (SSCI, SCIE, SCOPUS indexed), to be nominated if accepted.
Important: To be eligible for the research scholarship for USD500 prize, the following requirements must be met:
● Submit a conference registration form with the scholarship application (MUST MEET THREE REQUIREMENTS 1) One of the authors must attend the conference. 2) The regular registration fee must be fully paid. 3) Oral presentation at the conference has been successfully delivered.
● Selections will be made by the Academic Steering Committee of ICBE2020.
● All application procedures for Best Paper Awards and Research Scholarships must be directly dealing with the conference chair Professor LEE, Jung Wan email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com no later than March 30, 2020.
Any application afterwards will not be honored.
The conference offers keynote speeches, formal paper symposia, case study presentations, special sessions, and industry leadership and public policy panel discussions as well as doctoral research seminars. Academics, policy makers, business leaders, professionals, and doctorate students can choose from a wide range of programs.
In addition, since ICBE Proceedings Journal’s inclusion in Web of Science CPCI, we have received large demand for some extension of the scope of the conference submission, including new Business, Social Sciences, and Multidisciplinary research and the methodology of Case Study Research, Short Communications, Research Notes, Qualitative Research, Conceptual Research, which require non-quantitative research methods and non-econometrics and/or statistical analysis. In this regard, the ICBE2020 conference will invite selectively some non-quantitative/non-econometric papers if those articles satisfactorily meet the required quality and standards of ICBE Proceedings Journal.
To congratulate Best Paper Awards and Awards for Service Excellence winners and welcome all participants in the ICBE2020 Jeju conference, a welcoming reception with a gala dinner along with an award ceremony will be held in the evening of the opening day of the conference, on 7th of July 2020.
SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
July 6, 2020
July 7, 2020
July 8, 2020
(extra costs by participants individually)
* Greets and Meets
18:00 – 20:00
ACADEMIC PAPER PRESENTATIONS AND SPECIAL PANELS:
Parallel Academic Sessions
CONFERENCE OPENING CEREMONY & AWARD
Visit parks, cultural sites and/or tourist attractions in Jeju
* The place and time will be announced later.
HOST, VENUE AND ACCOMMODATION
Host City: Jeju City, South Korea
Jeju Island (Korean: 제주도; Hanja: 濟州島; Korean pronunciation: [t͡ɕed͡ʑudo]) is an island in the Jeju Province of South Korea. The island lies in the Korea Strait, below the Korean Peninsula, south of the South Jeolla Province. The island contains the natural world heritage site, Jeju Volcanic Island and Lava Tubes. Jeju has a moderate climate; even in winter, the temperature rarely falls below 0 °C (32 °F). Jeju is a popular holiday destination and a sizable portion of the economy relies on tourism and economic activity from its civil/naval base. The current Jeju International Airport is crowded, as it was designed to service 26 million people but services “30 million, which is 4 million more than it was designed to handle. The current desire of the existing Jeju International airport includes wanting to add more direct flights, nonstop to major cities including Tokyo, Osaka, Beijing, Shanghai and Taipei.
For more information about Jeju City visit: https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/things-do-jeju-island/index.html
Conference Venue: Jeju National University
The conference venue is Jeju National University (Ara campus) in Jeju city, South Korea. Jeju National University is a public university founded in 1952 in Jeju City, the provincial capital of Jeju, South Korea. The university has academic exchange relationships with 83 universities in 16 countries. The largest number of these are Chinese and Japanese. In addition, relationships have been established with 12 American Universities, 4 Russian Universities, France's Pierre-and-Marie-Curie University and University of Rouen, Germany's Bonn University and University of Tübingen, Canada's George Brown College England's University of Manchester, Norway's University of Oslo, Australia's University of Tasmania and School of Horticulture University of Western Sydney, Chile's Austral University of Chile, India's University of Delhi, 5 Taiwanese Universities, Vietnam's Can Tho University, Thailand's Chulalongkorn University and Burapha University, and Mongolia's National University of Mongolia and Ulaanbaatar University.
Conference Hotel: Hotel NANTA Jeju
Hotel Nanta is newly opened by the team of world's beloved non-verbal performance Nanta in March 2017. Hotel Nanta is located on the Island of UNESCO World Heritage, Jeju, Korea. We, Hotel Nanta is about 20 minutes away from Jeju International Airport and there are many famous tour spots such as Halla Mountain National Park, Seongpanak Hiking course to the top of Halla Mountain, Starlight World Park and Gwaneumsa which is historical temple. Lastly, Nanta Theater is 2 minutes away from hotel and guests can enjoy world's famous performance. Hotel Nanta has 204 rooms with view of Halla Mountain and Jeju Ocean. Also there are Grand Ball Room and Cafe Blue for variety of events. Convenient store is located in Lobby floor. The hotel's own bar/lounge is a nice place to enjoy a drink. Added amenities include free WiFi in public areas and a coffee shop/café.
The conference hotel and accommodations for ICBE2020 will be taking place in Hotel NANTA Jeju. The ICBE2020 Organizing Committee and KODISA has blocked 100 rooms for ICBE2020 international delegates and participants at a flat rate of USD100.00 (including tax and service charges, subject to change) per night per room for the conference period of July 6-8, 2020.
For more information about the hotel: http://www.hotelnanta.com/en/
** SPECIAL OFFERS FOR NON-RESIDENTS OF SOUTH KOREA
For non-residents of South Korea, called “international visitors”, the registration fee shall be included accommodation expenses if only based on their application for the service, and subject to their winning of approval of the Grant of Accommodation Expenses from the ICBE2020 Organizing Committee.
The Grant awarded international visitors will be provided board and lodging at Hotel NANTA Jeju by the expense of the conference organizer for up to two nights lodging (July 6 and 7, 2020) and five meals during their stay.
To have booked your room in advance, those international visitors who want to get awarded the Grant must submit:
1) a letter of application with the conference registration form,
2) evidence of the registration fee paid in advance